This plugin is a track processor (i.e., available from the Track Manager) that computes the pair-wise relative distance between detections for each time point of a sequence.
Given a set of tracks (e.g., produced by your favorite tracker), the plugin will measure for each time point the distance between available detections at that given time point.
Assume you have the following tracks in the track manager:
- Track "A" with detectionss on frames 3 to 7
- Track "B" with detections on frames 4,7,9
- Track "C" with detections on frames 7 to 10
This plugin will measure the distances on the frames where the tracks overlap, i.e.:
- Between tracks "A" and "B": on frames 4 and 7
- Between tracks "A" and "C": on frame 7
- Between tracks "B" and "C": on frames 7 and 9
If you sequentially perform several tracking operations (e.g., adjusting tracking parameters, or tracking different objects with different trackers), each set of tracks will appear in the track manager as different groups (which you can hide/show via the "Tracking groups" menu). This track group information is kept in the final analysis, and lets you quickly sort the distances based on the interactions you are interested in (e.g. say, you may want to compare 2 track groups, but don't care about distances between detections within a given group).
The output of this plugin is a spreadsheet with the following columns:
- Track group (A): description of the track group for the first track
- Track ID (A): the ID of the first track (its order within the group)
- Track group (B): description of the track group for the second track
- Track ID (B): the ID of the second track (its order within the group)
- Frame: the sequence frame where both tracks overlap and a measure can be made
- Distance: the distance in pixels between the 2 detections at the current frame
The "Export to Excel" button lets you push this data into a disk file for further sorting, processing, analysis.