This plugin allows you to use Icy as an image and/or video viewer for Matlab. It works as follows:
- First, install the plugin in Icy. This operation will create several Matlab function files (all named icy_someaction.m) in the plugin folder, which is located at /path/to/Icy/plugins/ylemontag/matlabxserver.
- Reference this folder in your Matlab path environment variable, so that the icy_someaction functions become callable from the Matlab command window. To do that, you must follow the install procedure for the Matlab communicator plugin, described at http://icy.bioimageanalysis.org/plugin/Matlab_communicator.
- Use the icy_someaction functions to display images and/or video. For example, to display a 2D image, execute the following command (you must have a running instance of Icy for this to work):
>> im = phantom(512);
>> icy_imshow(im, 'Shepp-Logan phantom');
Please notice that a detailed documentation is provided for each of these Matlab functions in the corresponding .m files. You can consult it directly from the Matlab help browser.
- icy_imshow : display a 2D image
- icy_im3show : display a 3D image
- icy_vidshow : display a 2D video sequence
- icy_vid3show : display a 3D video sequence
- icy_close : close a viewer previously opened using one of the previous functions
- icy_closeall : close all the viewers previously opened from Matlab
- icy_gettitle and icy_settitle : retrieve or change the title of a viewer
- icy_rectangle : create and display a rectangle ROI onto a previously opened sequence
- icy_line : create and display a line ROI onto a previously opened sequence
- icy_clearroi : hide a ROI
- icy_synclut : synchronize the lookup-tables (i.e. the colormap, in the Matlab terminology) used to display images and video sequences
- icy_syncnav : synchronize the navigation between several viewers displaying images and video sequences
- icy_roimask : ask the user to create a ROI on a previously displayed image or video sequence, and return the corresponding boolean mask (this is the equivalent of the Matlab built-in roipoly function)