In Icy, workspaces are not dynamic, you will have to restart Icy to see all your changes.
To enable a workspace, please go to: Menu > Preferences > Workspace > Local Workspace and check the box. When validating, you will be ask to restart Icy.
This is the GUI of the Workspace Editor:
- On the left, all the currently installed plugins.
- On the right, all the workspaces, chosable by a combo box.
- Each band of the selected workspace appears as a separated panel.
- You have the possibility to display or not the plugins contained in each band by clicking on the band name.
Create a workspace
- In order to create the workspace, please click on the button: .
- The following box appears, enter the workspace name and hit "OK":
- The workspace is created, but is empty:
The workspace is organized by bands, each one containing plugins. Some plugins may be in different bands.
- In order to create a new band, please click on the button: .
- Enter the band name:
- The band is created in the workspace:
Add plugins into bands
Remove a workspace
In order to remove a workspace, choose it in the combo box, and simply click on the button. Be careful, this operation cannot be undone.
Remove a band
Removing a band can be done by selecting a band and click on the button or by right clicking with you mouse and select "Remove Band" in the popup menu. Be careful, this operation cannot be undone.
Remove a plugin from a band
Remove a plugin from its band by right clicking on it, and select "Remove Plugin from Band".