Short DescriptionImplementing a (very) fast microscopic PSF (specifically, the Gibson-Lanni model) generation.
This plugin implements a fast microscopy PSF generation method. The model is selected as the Gibson-Lanni model, which is particularly useful since it involves explicitly design and experimental physical parameters.
-  J. Li, F. Xue and T. Blu, “Fast and Accurate Three-Dimensional Point Spread Function Computation for Fluorescence Microscopy”, J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 1029-1034, 2017.
-  S. F. Gibson and F. Lanni, “Experimental test of an analytical model of aberration in an oil-immersion objective lens used in three-dimensional light microscopy”, J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 154-166, 1992.
- We express the integral in this model as a linear combination of rescaled Bessel functions, providing an integral-free way for the calculation.
- Experiments demonstrate that the proposed approach results in significantly smaller computational time compared with the quadrature approach.
- This approach can also be extended to other microscopy PSF models.