Short DescriptionDisplays a scale bar overlay on the sequence. Be advised, this plugin needs correct Metadata on the sequence to be effective or it will display wrong values.
This plugin displays a scale bar overlay on the sequence in most 2D viewers, with the following options:
- Size (manual & automatic)
- Location (choose from the 4 image corners)
- Show / Hide a text with the scale bar's size
These options are accessible within the "Layers" section of the inspector, and via the script editor.
- This plugin calculates the size of the scale bar based on the pixel size stored in the image metadata. Please make sure that the pixel size is correct, otherwise the scale bar may not be calibrated.
- This plugin is a "startup" plugin, which means it runs in the background of Icy and will automatically add a scale bar on any opened sequence, as long as the plugin is "active". Here are two ways to adjust its behaviour:
- To hide the scale bar for a specific viewer, click on its "eye" icon on the "Layers" panel in the Inspector.
- To hide all scale bars and prevent scale bars from appearing automatically, the plugin can be deactivated from the "Preferences > Startup plugins" menu, by unchecking the box next to "Scale Bar" and clicking on "Apply" or "Ok".
- Note regarding screenshots: Icy's screenshot feature will imprint all layers (including the scale bar) onto a final image that is then displayed in a new viewer. In theory, this new viewer containing the screenshot should also receive a scale bar of its own, which may be quite confusing for the user. Therefore, by default, screenshot viewers will automatically hide this extra scale bar (it can still be made visible by clicking on its "eye" icon in the layers panel).