Short DescriptionThis plugin provides a convenient interface to measure and compare the differences between a reference sequence and several tested sequences. The user can chose among several the distance measure, such as mean square error, L1, maximum pixelwise, PSNR, SSIM, etc.
- overall error measures, computed over either the whole or a sub-part of the compared sequences,
- error map, indicating the points where the compared sequences differs.
For overall error measures, the user can chose the distance measure among:
- L1 distance,
- L2 distance,
- maximum pixelwise (also known as L-infinite distance),
- mean square error and root mean square error (the latter being equal to the L2 distance, up to a normalization factor),
- peak signal to noise ratio (PSNR),
- structural similarity index (SSIM).
The user can also choose how the error map are computed among the following modes:
- absolute difference,
- SSIM map.
These features are also available within the protocol framework provided by the Blocks plugin.