Inconsistencies in ROI statistics outputs

Home Forums Protocols Inconsistencies in ROI statistics outputs

  • Madina Wane

    Hello,

    I have created a protocol with active contours which creates ROIs and export the areas to a workbook via the ROI statistics block. I have found that the area calculated by ROI statistics in the protocol is different to the area when running ROI statistics manually i.e. when I open the image/polygon ROIs from the ‘Display’ block in the protocol, and run ROI statistics from the toolbar.

    I am unsure why I am getting two different areas. It’s only a small difference (<1%) but I need to perform some additional manual operations with these ROIs so would like to understand why there is an inconsistency.

    Thank you!

    • This topic was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by Madina Wane.
    • This topic was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by Madina Wane.
    Stephane Dallongeville

    Hi Madina,

    There is necessary something in between or maybe it’s a rounding issue.

    As you can see here, we obtain the same result from Protocol and the interactive plugin:

    So i guess there is something in the process (polygon to mask conversion) which may introduce smalls differences in your results. If you can share the protocol then we could eventually try to understand why this happen 🙂

    Best,

    – Stephane

     

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.